Tumuaki and Senior Kaiako
Rebecca has worked in the learning support sector for over ten years. She has a Master of Inclusive Education and a heart for ensuring all tamariki are present in their education, active participants, and striving to reach their potential.
Her notable projects include:
- Presenting at the Otago Polytechnic Neuroability Symposium on executive functioning
- Organising 100 hour Neurodiversity portfolio across Ōtepoti focused on dyslexia
- Contributions to research paper on guided reading strategies
- Publication of research paper on supports and barriers to inclusive education in progress
- Particular knowledge of working with children with autism
Collaboration with community, and whakawhanaungataka is very important to Rebecca. She believes people working together is essential to the success of inclusive education.
Rebecca and her husband are passionate outdoors people and get out for adventures whenever they can. She belongs to a social netball team and enjoys cooking and baking for friends, whānau, and community.